MILLGROVE, ON (May 14, 2019)- With a couple visiting divisions on Saturday night at Flamboro Speedway, the track was filled with action from the drop of the first green flag, to the checkered of the last race on the night.
Tuesday, 14 May 2019 08:26 Published in Results & Points
As the 2018 season quickly approaches, the Lucas Oil Canadian Vintage Modifieds are starting to get ramped up for an exciting season. 2018 will see the tour travel to Flamboro Speedway, Sunset Speedway, Delaware Speedway and Sauble Speedway for a combined 11 races.
2018 may mark a season of change for a few competitors, let’s look at some of them.
• #18 Jason Keen is the defending series champion and winner of 7 of the past 8 championships. Jason has proven himself as one of the best drivers to race in the Vintage Modifieds. There are several rumors swirling around about Jason changing divisions in 2018 but only time will tell. If Jason returns for another season, he will be the odds-on favorite to win his 8th title.
• #15 TJ Marshall had a breakout season in 2017 by claiming 5 feature wins and being in the hunt each night. With a full season under his belt with the crate motor program, TJ will no doubt be a threat for more feature wins and his first series championship in his short career.
• #57 Steve Trendell will be returning for his 16th consecutive season behind the wheel of his family owned car. Steve has put together 2 outstanding seasons in a row and hopes his 16th season leads to the 2018 series championship which would be his first.
• #84 Jeremy Barton is coming off a very successful 2017 season which saw him lead laps and finish inside the top 5 on 5 different occasions. He also earned “Most Improved Driver” for the 2017 season, if there is any driver that is ready to notch their first win, Jeremy is the one to do it.
• #88 Bill Stoner Sr ran the full 2017 schedule by himself in his Rob Clark owned car. Bill had a successful season by notching several top 5 finishes and knocking on the door of a lot more. Bills 2018 plans will see him compete in roughly 8 races throughout the season.
• #80 Amanda Stoner will be back for another run at the championship in 2018. With a full off-season to prepare the car she purchased with long time car owner Rob Clark, 2018 will without a doubt see Amanda knock on the door of top finishes.
• #19 John Karley broke through a 2-year winless streak and drove his new chassis to 2 feature wins in 2017. Off -season pictures have seen john working hard on getting his car ready for the season. If john can just get some more luck on his side, he will be a title contender in 2018.
• #75 Max Wright is coming of a 2017 season which saw several growing pains but resulted in Max claiming the 2017 “Rookie of the Year” award. This off-season has seen Steve Laking performing chassis work and long time Vintage Modified veteran Brian Atkinson preparing 2 engines for the 2018 season. Max will be one to keep an eye on at all 11 stops.
The next several drivers haven’t made their 2018 plans public but look for them to challenge for wins each race they are at. #5 Mike Podd and Ian McIntyre, #47 Patrick Ruelens, #123 Sean Gibson, #50 Brian Atkinson and Joey Atkinson, #00 Ron Easton, #29 Daryl Henwood, #12 Darren Dryden and # 03 Bob and Jake Gilbert.
To follow along with the Lucas Oil Canadian Vintage Modifieds, please visit www.vintagemods.com
Instagram: @vintagemodifieds • Facebook: Lucas Oil Canadian Vintage Modifieds • Twitter: @vintagemods
2018 would not be capable without our series sponsors: Lucas Oil Products, Oakville Trailers & Auto Service, Wiersma Trucking, Creative Edge Signs & Graphics, Georgetown Printing, Flamboro Machine Shop, B&B Decals and Oktane Productions.
Thursday, 05 April 2018 14:24 Published in Press Releases
FREELTON, ON (September 18, 2017)- Bennett Chevrolet Flamboro Speedway welcomed the Lucas Oil Sportsman series for their final race of 2017 and the points race like our home series was close making for a nail biter to the very end.
Monday, 18 September 2017 08:19 Published in Results & Points
PETERBOROUGH, Ont. – July 19, 2017 – Building on the momentum from a successful June showdown, OSCAAR Racing is set to roar back to Fraserville’s Kawartha Speedway on Friday, July 21 for the second and final short track event of the season.
Wednesday, 19 July 2017 16:17 Published in Press Releases
@UnitedLMSeries • @FlamboroSpdwy • @VintageMods • This Saturday, August 13, the APC United Late Model Series Sponsored By London Recreational Racing 100 Returns To Flamboro Speedway.
Tuesday, 09 August 2016 09:14 Published in Press Releases
@VintageMods • @saublespeedway •HEPWORTH, Ont. (July 1, 2016) – Daryl Henwood parlayed his front row starting position in to his first win of the season on Canada at Sauble Speedway with the Lucas Oil Canadian Vintage Modifieds.
Monday, 04 July 2016 16:42 Published in Results & Points
@VintageMods •@FlamboroSpdwy •MILLGROVE, Ont. – June 28, 2016 – The Lucas Oil Canadian Vintage Modifieds invaded Flamboro Speedway for the first of three twin 20-lap events at the Hamilton area track this season on Saturday night. Brian Atkinson and Steve Trendell went to victory lane in the two feature races.
Tuesday, 28 June 2016 10:06 Published in Results & Points
@VintageMods •@FlamboroSpdwy •MiLLGROVE, Ont. – May 24, 2016 – Steve Trendell of Fergus, Ont. engineered his pole starting position in to a trip to Victory Lane in the 50th Season Opener for the Lucas Oil Canadian Vintage Modifieds at Flamboro Speedway on Saturday, May 21.
Tuesday, 24 May 2016 17:42 Published in Driver and Team Releases
@VintageMods • @LucasOil •FERGUS, ON – The 2016 season is already in top gear for the Lucas Oil Canadian Vintage Modifieds.
Friday, 05 February 2016 11:38 Published in Press Releases