As the 2018 season quickly approaches, the Lucas Oil Canadian Vintage Modifieds are starting to get ramped up for an exciting season. 2018 will see the tour travel to Flamboro Speedway, Sunset Speedway, Delaware Speedway and Sauble Speedway for a combined 11 races.
2018 may mark a season of change for a few competitors, let’s look at some of them.
• #18 Jason Keen is the defending series champion and winner of 7 of the past 8 championships. Jason has proven himself as one of the best drivers to race in the Vintage Modifieds. There are several rumors swirling around about Jason changing divisions in 2018 but only time will tell. If Jason returns for another season, he will be the odds-on favorite to win his 8th title.
• #15 TJ Marshall had a breakout season in 2017 by claiming 5 feature wins and being in the hunt each night. With a full season under his belt with the crate motor program, TJ will no doubt be a threat for more feature wins and his first series championship in his short career.
• #57 Steve Trendell will be returning for his 16th consecutive season behind the wheel of his family owned car. Steve has put together 2 outstanding seasons in a row and hopes his 16th season leads to the 2018 series championship which would be his first.
• #84 Jeremy Barton is coming off a very successful 2017 season which saw him lead laps and finish inside the top 5 on 5 different occasions. He also earned “Most Improved Driver” for the 2017 season, if there is any driver that is ready to notch their first win, Jeremy is the one to do it.
• #88 Bill Stoner Sr ran the full 2017 schedule by himself in his Rob Clark owned car. Bill had a successful season by notching several top 5 finishes and knocking on the door of a lot more. Bills 2018 plans will see him compete in roughly 8 races throughout the season.
• #80 Amanda Stoner will be back for another run at the championship in 2018. With a full off-season to prepare the car she purchased with long time car owner Rob Clark, 2018 will without a doubt see Amanda knock on the door of top finishes.
• #19 John Karley broke through a 2-year winless streak and drove his new chassis to 2 feature wins in 2017. Off -season pictures have seen john working hard on getting his car ready for the season. If john can just get some more luck on his side, he will be a title contender in 2018.
• #75 Max Wright is coming of a 2017 season which saw several growing pains but resulted in Max claiming the 2017 “Rookie of the Year” award. This off-season has seen Steve Laking performing chassis work and long time Vintage Modified veteran Brian Atkinson preparing 2 engines for the 2018 season. Max will be one to keep an eye on at all 11 stops.
The next several drivers haven’t made their 2018 plans public but look for them to challenge for wins each race they are at. #5 Mike Podd and Ian McIntyre, #47 Patrick Ruelens, #123 Sean Gibson, #50 Brian Atkinson and Joey Atkinson, #00 Ron Easton, #29 Daryl Henwood, #12 Darren Dryden and # 03 Bob and Jake Gilbert.
To follow along with the Lucas Oil Canadian Vintage Modifieds, please visit www.vintagemods.com
Instagram: @vintagemodifieds • Facebook: Lucas Oil Canadian Vintage Modifieds • Twitter: @vintagemods
2018 would not be capable without our series sponsors: Lucas Oil Products, Oakville Trailers & Auto Service, Wiersma Trucking, Creative Edge Signs & Graphics, Georgetown Printing, Flamboro Machine Shop, B&B Decals and Oktane Productions.
Thursday, 05 April 2018 14:24 Published in Press Releases
Halifax, NS – (February 28, 2018) The Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour is pleased to announce that Lucas Oil Products will return as a major sponsor for the 2018 season, which marks their 12th year with the Pro Stock Tour.
Wednesday, 28 February 2018 19:52 Published in Press Releases
Lucas Oil Empire Super Sprints Return to Ohsweken for Lucas Oil Night at the Races on Friday, August 4
OHSWEKEN, Ont. – August 2, 2017 – After a week hiatus following the most successful week in track history, Ohsweken Speedway returns to action on Friday, August 4 for Lucas Oil Night at the Race featuring the Lucas Oil Empire Super Sprints.
Wednesday, 02 August 2017 14:48 Published in Press Releases
(March 22, 2017)- The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets are proud to announce the return of Lucas Oil as the 'Series Sponsor' in 2017.
Wednesday, 22 March 2017 13:45 Published in Press Releases
Halifax, NS – (March 21, 2017) The Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour is pleased to announce that Lucas Oil Products will be returning as a major sponsor for the upcoming season, which will mark their eleventh year with the Pro Stock Tour.
Wednesday, 22 March 2017 09:19 Published in Press Releases
@OSCAARRacing • @PtboSpeedway • @LucasOil • PETERBOROUGH, ON – A main event win at Peterborough Speedway’s Super Bowl of Stock Car Racing is the goal of every racer who signs-in at the pit gate for the Autumn Colours Classic. Sunday, October 9th saw 8 different divisions tackle Canada’s Toughest 3rd of a Mile Paved Oval for bragging rights in the season-ending spectacular.
Tuesday, 11 October 2016 17:07 Published in Results & Points
@PtboSpeedway • @LucasOil • PETERBOROUGH, ON – With weather conditions that were more reminiscent of mid spring than the second weekend of October, the 24th Annual edition of the Autumn Colours Classic – presented by Lucas Oil Products – rolled from Peterborough Speedway’s pit road staging area filled with hope and enthusiasm.
Saturday, 08 October 2016 12:26 Published in Results & Points
@TARGANL • @Lucas_Oil • @Subaru_Canada • @actioncar_truck • TORONTO, ON – Celebrating their 15th anniversary in 2016, the Targa Newfoundland is scheduled for September 10-17 and will cover over 1,600 kilometres. To get the inside scoop on who will be competing at the 15th edition of the world famous Newfoundland-based event, check out Inside Track Motorsport News' Official 15th Anniversary Targa Newfoundland Program!
Monday, 22 August 2016 15:52 Published in Breaking News
@UnitedLMSeries • @FlamboroSpdwy • @VintageMods • This Saturday, August 13, the APC United Late Model Series Sponsored By London Recreational Racing 100 Returns To Flamboro Speedway.
Tuesday, 09 August 2016 09:14 Published in Press Releases
@Merrittville • @Pintysfoods • THOROLD, ONTARIO – Niagara’s complete concrete contractor hosted Niagara’s complete Canada Day Celebration Saturday June 25th. When the night was over and the Firemaster Fireworks were done – Stepehntown NY’s Matt Tanner was celebrating his first Lucas Oil Empire Super Sprints A Main Victory of 2016 in winning the Gary Cunningham Memorial.
Monday, 27 June 2016 10:18 Published in Results & Points