More determined to perform than ever before, he has the opportunity to showcase all of his racing talents for ten events in the NASCAR Pinty’s series, behind the wheel of the #04 car sporting the colors of Spectra Premium / Bernier Crépeau / Groupe Bellemare/ MIA.
Throughout all 51 laps of the Can-Am 200 event, the Spectra Premium ambassador will compete for the first time with the NSCR100 high-performance radiator equipped. The Spectra Premium engineers and the #04 teammates have all contributed with expertise to perfect the product, notably during the trials on March 25-26 and May 3rd.
“I’m very excited to be on the CTMP track, to finally start the season and participate in my first race with the NSCR100 radiator. It’s a track I particularly appreciate, and we want to perform well in qualifiers so we can deliver during the race. The end of the race is my strong suit, and we’ll be there”, shares the ambassador of Spectra Premium, Jean-François Dumoulin.
It’s a track that Jean-François Dumoulin knows especially well, after taking races in several series and having taught there as a professional instructor (Fiorano Racing and others). He has notably accompanied the successful Speed Merchants race team in their results optimization in the Porsche GT3 Challenge Cup (Canada and United States). On top of his participations in the NASCAR Pinty’s series (three top-5s including one podium), the Quebecer now has seven podiums on this track, including three wins in 1997 (Formula Ford), 2000 (Motorola Cup), and 2003 (Grand-Am Cup).
The beginning-of-season trials (May 3rd) have been beneficial for the ambassador of the Spectra Premium brand. “The partnership with Spectra Premium is consolidating, and we are like one big family. This winter, multiple adjustments have been made and the trials have gone well, with very fast times. Now, we’re excited to put our improvements to the test during the race.” The driver, crew chief Robin McCluskey, and the team are all ready to perform. Join us on the May 20-21 weekend for an action-packed race.
The weekend schedule can be found below and at hometracks.nascar.com/racedayschedule/nps-ctmp-52117-schedule
Follow the race online at hometracks.nascar.com/nps/race-central-live-2017-ctmp
"Passion – Performance – Partnerships"
THE MAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF THE NSCR100 RADIATOR
· Full aluminum radiator, using optimal balanced material thickness to minimize weight.
· Heavy gauge tubes for increased durability.
· Reinforced first rows of tubes to increase mechanical resistance without compromising coolant flow.
· The oil cooler, also made of aluminum, is incorporated in the radiator’s tank, eliminating any additional weight, as well as extra hoses and connections, which frees up space under the hood of the car.
· The design includes anchor points, which allow for installation and removal of the radiator in a faster and more efficient way (special tools are no longer necessary) all while allowing inclination of the radiator in the desired angle for optimized air flow.
· Robust installation of the radiator on the shroud, using quick connectors as used in planes and high-performance race cars.
· Integrated lightweight fan brackets allowing a secure and robust installation of a wide range of electric fans with minimal airflow restriction.
· A standard threaded insert system for quick and reliable fan installation.
· A universal connection inlet port offering painless customization of the coolant hose circuit, based on each racing team’s needs.
· Radiator vent relocation to avoid damages in the event of a light frontal collision.
Spectra Premium Industries is a privately held company headquartered in Boucherville, Quebec, Canada. Spectra Premium is a team of more than 1,300 dedicated employees that specializes in auto parts manufacturing and distribution. The Company owns and operates four manufacturing plants and 17 warehouses. With its international distribution networks and unparalleled customer and after sales service, Spectra Premium is the automobile manufacturers’, auto technicians’ and handymen’s choice for reliable, quality parts and automotive systems. Trust your vehicle to Spectra Premium. spectrapremium.com
Bernier Crepeau Chrysler Fiat: With 25 years of experience, the family business has built an enviable reputation in the field of vehicle acquisition. If the future of this company is linked to the loyalty of its customers, it is also held by the reliability and strong communication of its team. This team is at your disposal, ready to listen to you, to hear you. Passion, care, and determination. A team willing to go the extra mile, with its ears wide open. berniercrepeau.com
Group Bellemare: Competitive and dynamic, Thomas Bellemare's innovative and growing family team is ready to take on any challenge. With support from senior members and a qualified team of managers, the third-generation Bellemares are reaching new heights. Built upon a solid past, the company moves forward with an exceptional team of experts and seeks a select group of clients. Our clients continue to benefit from our wide variety of services that target a large number of sectors. As a result, our visibility is constantly on the rise. Working with the Bellemare team has become a measure of success. Start off right by choosing a winning team! groupebellemare.com
MIA – Motorsports In Action: With over 50 years of combined Motorsport experience, MIA is making a name for itself in the industry in “La Belle Province”. Being trackside, situated at Autodrome St-Eustache, gives our clients “real time” results, testing their vehicles. One stop shopping is our strength, from high-end mechanics, exotic automotive maintenance, complete race car building and design to prestige paint and meticulous detailing. “Leave it, then enjoy it!” motorsportsinaction.com.
Trois-Rivières Mitsubishi is proud to be one of the first Mitsubishi dealers in Canada (opening in 2002). The commitment from Mitsubishi is defined by the quality, reliability and durability of its vehicles, notably with their 10-year warranty, the best in the industry! Pride, integrity and respect are the values of the Trois-Rivières Mitsubishi team. troisrivieresmitsubishi.com
FEATS AND HIGHLIGHTS - JEAN-FRANÇOIS DUMOULIN
· First podium in the NASCAR Canadian Tire series on May 17, 2015 (3rd place – Canadian Tire Motorsport Park)
· The first Quebec-born driver to win twice the Rolex 24 in Daytona; 2004 (SGS and 2007 (GT).
· Caught the attention of the renowned Player's Driver Development Program scout (Formula Ford and Formula Atlantic), became one of the youngest drivers ever to be recruited, and was touted as a strong contender for the championship title in Formula Ford (1996 and 1997 seasons).
· Champion of the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge GS, USA in 2003 (9 podiums).
· Champion of the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sport Car Challenge ST, USA in 2002 (5 podiums).
· In Montreal's 2009 edition of Nascar Nationwide, he finished his first race in 7th position aboard a badly damaged car and won the hearts of numerous fans and reporters.
· In 2000, he was the Motorola Cup Series Vice-Champion, during a season that included a 1st place podium finish after having begun the race in 52nd position at the Molson Indy event in Ontario, Canada.
· Spectra Premium : spectrapremium.com
· Bernier Crépeau Chrysler Fiat : berniercrepeau.com
· Groupe Bellemare : groupebellemare.com
· MIA - Motorsports In Action : motorsportsinaction.com
· Trois-Rivières Mitsubishi : troisrivieresmitsubishi.com
· Canadian Tire Motorsport Park: canadiantiremotorsportpark.com
· Dumoulin Compétition : dumoulincompetition.com
· NASCAR Pinty’s Series: hometracks.nascar.com/series/pintys-series
· Facebook : facebook.com/dumoulincompetition
· Twitter: @DumoulinDC / @jf_dumoulin / @DumoulinLP
· Youtube : youtube.com/user/dumoulincompetition
Paul Corbeil, Agent Certifié NHLPA Certified Agent, PARAPHE sports-management, 819 696-2768 (Voicemail)